Active listening is an essential management skill one must acquire to become a successful entrepreneur. It might seem like an easy task but it requires your undivided attention. Even our top resellers agree on this and often use this skill to accomplish a healthy bond with their customers.
Why listening works?
Often ‘listening’ is underrated! When your customers believe that you are listening to their concerns, they will come back to you for making more purchases. Your customers crave your attention while addressing their issues and listening creates a sense of validation in them.
Let us take a look at a few tips that are useful in your day-to-day reselling business.
How to listen effectively?
- Listen to understand your customer not to respond.
- Make your customers believe that you are genuinely putting an effort to understand their situation.
- Try not to interrupt while they are speaking.
- Take a moment to pause and reflect before responding to the customers.
- If you are unclear of the situation, clarify and confirm gently.
- Ask open-ended empathetic questions to your customers.
- Understand what your customer wants and focus on what can be done to make it right.
- Try to synchronize with your customers and convince them politely.
- You might come across some physical and psychological barriers while listening; however, make your customers believe that you are prioritizing them. For example, in case of interrupted service or call dropout, give them a callback.
Remember that a happy customer will always find a way back to you. So, create a comfortable environment if you want a long-term relationship with your customer. Combine these simple listening tips in your reselling business and make a fortune with Meesho. Happy reselling!!