Product knowledge is an essential skill required for every reseller of Meesho. When you understand your product’s features in detail, you will be able to sell it with more confidence by describing its benefits accurately. Let us find out why it is important, what are the conventional sources to acquire it and what details you must know of the product you are reselling to your customers.
Why is product knowledge crucial?
- Product knowledge will boost your enthusiasm to sell the item efficiently.
- It will help you gain the courage and confidence required to answer all your customer queries.
- It will help you to come up with a suitable reselling strategy.
- It will help you to turn the features of the product into benefits for your customers.
- It will help you to distinguish the type of customers who might actually be interested in buying that item.
- Not to mention, it will definitely provide you with the self-assurance to overcome any objections.
How to acquire product knowledge?
- Use the product yourself and understand its pros and cons in more detail. The best way to know about the product you are reselling is through your own experience.
- Read the product description by the seller thoroughly.
- Read the comments on social media websites for similar products or products you have shared.
- Get detailed feedback from customers who have used the product.
What to know about your product?
- Price of the product
- Available sizes, styles and colours
- Manufacturing process (If unique such as handloom, machine work etc)
- Product usage instructions (Dry cleaning, avoid bleaches etc)
- Product dispatch information
- Product USPs (Unique Selling Point)
- Product variation from similar ones
- Product shortcomings (If any)
Knowing your product in detail will help you fetch more orders from your customers. So, the bottom line is that customers crave a detailed product description to make an informed buying decision. Understand the product from your customer’s perspective and sell it with confidence to become a successful entrepreneur of Meesho. Happy reselling!