Google My Business (GMB) is a free tool by Google, useful in enlisting your business. It builds credibility and helps you to manage the visibility of your business online. Since you carry out reselling the products virtually, it is essential to have a presence for your business and GMB offers you exactly that! Also, most of our top resellers prefer to claim their business online so that the customers will find it more genuine. You can enlist your reselling business by following these simple steps.
How to create a Google My Business listing?
- Firstly, sign in to your Google account on your web browser.
- Go to google.com/business and select “Start now” in the top right-hand corner.
- Provide your Gmail account password.
- Enter your business name.
- Enter your business address. Once you enter your business address, you will find a checkbox.
- Click on the box with ‘I deliver goods and services to my customers’. You will now see another ‘Hide my address’ checkbox.
- Click on ‘Hide my address’ checkbox since you are selling virtually online rather than through a physical store.
- Enter the delivery range you offer for the products you sell.
- Choose the business category that is apt to the products you are reselling.
- Add your business phone number and website. If you don't have a website, click on ‘I don't need a website’ checkbox.
- Click on the ‘Finish’ button as soon as you enter all the required details. Followed by that, you will have to verify your business.
- Choose your preferred method of verification from options such as a postcard, phone, email, Instant verification and Bulk verification, and click on the relevant option. For example, if you prefer a textual message, click on ‘Text’ beside the phone option. You will get an SMS with an automated code.
- Enter the verification code you received on your GMB dashboard. After verifying, your business is all set on Google!
Try testing by browsing your business name, you will be able to see your business listed on the webpage. Once you are done setting up your business, continue to check and optimize the GMB listing regularly, to avoid unwanted edits from audiences. Also, post whatever information you can on provide your GMB listing such as photos and videos of the products.
Now go ahead and try these simple steps yourself and create your business to expand your customer base. Happy reselling!